Translate

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Loyal and Funny Affenpinscher

When I first saw the face of an Affenpincher I was in love. This dog breed has a look that immediately says to me, I will make you laugh, I will make you happy and I will be your very best friend.

This dog belongs to the Toy Group, standing less than a foot tall with average weight of 7 to 10 pounds. These sturdy, terrier-like dogs are nicknamed "monkey dogs," "ape dogs" are somewhat active. Exercise needs are satisfied with a brisk walk and plenty of play time.

They are said to be good with children, but better with supervision, and will bark when necessary. Their intelligence and sweet personality make them a good choice as a house dog.

The Affenpinscher or "monkey-like-terrier dog" main purpose at one time was to serve as a rodent catcher. An interesting fact about this breed is that in France they are described as the "Diablotin Moustachu or Moustached little devil.

This little dog is a delightful breed. He or she has a neat but shaggy appearance and is sturdy or compact, not a delicate dog in any way, which also makes it a good companion for children who like to romp and play.

Basic color is usually black, but other colors are also acceptable such as gray, silver, red, black and tan or beige.

source: American Kennel Club




Borismindre

If you own an Affenpinscher or are considering purchasing a puppy, start them out right with Life's Abundance products. The small/medium breed puppy system is a good choice for a new puppy.

small medium breed


4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good dog for elderly people as well. So cute, reminds me of a Shih tzu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it also reminds me of a shih tzu everytime I see one. Cute Monkey Faces....Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I have both an Affen and Shih Tzu . In fact three Affens. The Affens are so much smarter. They are dedicated but also independent. Best dogs I have ever owned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They remind me a lot of the shih Tzu. thanks for your comment.

      Delete

Leash Training Tips

  Getting your dog to walk a leash is easier than you might think. In this article, read a few tips to help you get started and hopefully ev...